I have realized that at this point I can have a complete mental breakdown and cry about this, or I can write about it. Some people won't believe this but I swear this is absolutely true and how we aren't in full blow meltdowns is beyond me. Sunday night after dinner at my moms my water decided to break at 35w 6days. I was freaking out a little because that's too early and there isn't much they can do except deliver a hopefully healthy baby. My water broke around 8:30 and we went in around 1 a.m. after we stopped at circle k for candy of course. We were admitted by 2 and I tried to just let my body take over and labor on its own. I was a 4 when we got there and had only dilated to a 6 by 2 p.m.... Ugh! I got an epidural around 12:30 by the way so I wasn't in a ton of pain and the epidural was awesome. I could move my own legs and help my amazing nurses who I LOVED. They were so determined to get Sunny out by shift change. Luckily at 4:30 they checked me again and decided I could push. But this is after my dr (my main doc was out of town by the way) discussed maybe a c-section because Sunny was getting stressed. Anyways, 1 push later and girlfriend was out. Nicu doctors and nurses were in the room since she would be a month early they wanted to take precaution and be ready for anything. They checked her and decided she was good and we started making phone calls for visitors. Little did we know before anyone could get there Sunny would be on a rapid decline in health and she was taken away from us. She was rushed to nicu because of her oxygen levels and so on. You can read the previous post to see what happened. Tyler and I had Autumn going back and forth between our moms and I tried I just heal and walk back and forth from my room to Nicu. Wednesday I was discharged without a baby and heartbroken. We came home and it was weird. A piece of us was at the hospital and nothing seemed right. That night I had a high fever and the whole next day I kept trying to shake it, I just had hoped it was post labor whatever and eventually I would get over it. I DID NOT. I was in urgent care by 5 and had a few crazy things going on which I was given a straight shot of antibiotics and then given another antibiotic which I am now enjoying 4 times a day. What the?! So moving onto Friday.. Autumn woke up with a slight fever and I didn't think anything of it, I blamed her teeth. We dropped all of the kids of at Jan's and then took off to hospital only to get disappointing news that Sunny wouldn't be able to come home until at least Sunday.
Are you kidding me? I cried for a minute and moved on because what else could we do? Um hi? You want me to leave my baby again!? With you!? Awesome.
We went to pick up kids at 4 and Autumn had a super high fever and this crazy rash all over her body that was forming by the minute. I called her pediatrician right away and Miles and I rushed her over. Miles was being so sweet and helpful, I loved it. I think he heard me say a few cuss words while driving to a not so close, new office. I rushed her in and at this point her rash was so bad she could barely stand up. My mom met me at her appointment and thanks goodness because I could barely lift her. She was boiling and they couldn't even diagnose her with anything. They told us to take her to the ER... No thank you. And did I mention that I still needed to go back to the hospital to feed Sunny? Hahahha. Ah! Anyways, I'm so so grateful for our moms and families. I am hoping we get to bring our baby home tomorrow and that Autumn starts to feel better. All of these things are happening for a reason and I am so grateful for the church as well. They have been so supportive and on call if we need anything. I am a walking mess and Ty has been so supportive. I'm grateful to him for forever and ever and ever. Please excuse my mess of words since I have been up since 2:30 this morning.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
You have all been amazing troopers this past week! What a marathon! Thank heavens you will soon get to bring the prize home. YEAHHH!!!! Love you guys!
wow, you guys have been through quite the week! Best part of it is that sweet little Sunny is getting better and better! What a beautiful baby she is! I can't wait for you guys to be able to bring her home and love her to pieces! Lots of love from Washington! Also hope Autumn feels better too!!!! Love you guys!
wow Kel! You're amazingly strong. Love and prayers to you and your family. Xoxo
Post a Comment